When all you do is work and commute (that takes up 12 hours a day), work out, do volunteer work and go to English classes…. your life is totally 100% boring. What is there it talk about? Pretty much nothing.
So I thought I would submit our recipe for escabechito.
Escabeche the American/Peruvian way
- 1/2 lb of cooked chicken (we simply boiled ours in water) shredded
- Half a small head of cauliflower cut into small florets
- 2 handfuls of fresh green beans cut into medium to large pieces
- 4 medium sweet potatoes cut into small pieces
- 4 or 5 carrots cut into thin diagonal slices
- 1/4 tsp of pepper
- 3/4 tsp of salt
- 1/3 cup of olive oil
- 3/4 cup of red wine vinegar + a splash
** The goal is to have roughly equal amounts of each of the veggies and also equal amounts of all veggies to sweet potato.
Steam cauliflower, carrots and green beans together until tender.
Cook sweet potatoes in water until tender.
Throw vegetables, potatoes and chicken in a big bowl and mix together.
In a small bowl mix the olive oil, pepper, salt and red wine vinegar. Pour over other ingredients and mix well.
Store overnight in the fridge.
It is traditionally eaten with bread. We used pita bread which was very nice with it.