to the Christmas edition of getting to know your friends! Okay, here’s
what you’re supposed to do, and try not to be a SCROOGE!!! Just copy
this entire post and paste into your own blog. Change all the answers
so that they apply to you. ‘Tis the Season to be NICE!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? This totally depends on the gift. If i think it is too painful to wrap… into a gift bag it goes.
Real tree or artificial? Artificial. Real trees around here are insanely expensive and only last the season. At least if you drop some money on an artificial tree, it will last a long time. The current tree is probably 10 years old.
3. When do you put up the tree? Usually the first weekend of December. Often times I have a trim-the-tree party because the weekend falls right around my birthday. This year we have done it really late. We got the tree up Tuesday but no ornaments will go on it until Christmas Eve.
4. When do you take the tree down? Usually around New Years.
5. Do you like eggnog? Absolutely!!!! I don’t care if it’s bad for me. I wish it was available all year long!
6. Favorite gift received as a child? The one I still remember (I don’t know if it was my favourite back then) is the doll and clothes that I got from my Grandmother L.
7. Do you have a nativity scene? Does it count as yes if we don’t use it because the cat knocked the head off several figures?
8. Hardest person to buy for? Step-Mother and her mother
9. Easiest person to buy for? my mother
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? A glow in the dark frog candle. Sorry Mike… I had to say this. It did make a great weight for my CD player that only works properly if you weight the corner down.
11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Definitely mail.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? I only like the Grinch that stole Christmas
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Depends. I have been known to get it done by September. This year… still working on it so obviously not as organized.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I am pretty sure I have.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Licorice. Every year my Mom would give me a big bag of licorice – red please – and I would generally eat it until I was ready to be sick. Weird I know…
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Coloured. White is nice and elegant but I think the coloured ones are more cheerful.
17. Favorite Christmas song? Christmas in Kilarney. Anyone know where I can get a CD with this on it? This was a song we sang when I was in elementary school but it doesn’t seem to be recorded anywhere.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Usually I am heading up to my parents in Canada. The bonus about this is that I always get a white Christmas. The not-so-bonus item is that snow usually means its cold. I hate the cold!!!!! This year we are staying at home to spend our first Christmas with the kids.
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeers? Maybe?
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Angel made of some type of grass fibre
Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning. Sometimes, I have opened a present on Christmas Eve.
Most annoying thing about this time of year? Other Shoppers!!!! I ended up doing a good chunk of my shopping on-line this year because I simply detest the crowds.