Purchases I could have done better on:
- Shredder – needed but I could have bought this from CraigsList. Consider this poor execution on my part.
Purchases made for the sake of family harmony:
- McDonalds – Eduardo was hungry and wouldn’t have wanted to break from errands to go home to eat
- Five Guys – we wanted to go to an outdoor movie but I had no time after work to put together a supper. We did takeout.
- KFC – same as Five Guys. worked up until we had to leave to an outdoor movie and nobody had eaten supper. We did takeout
- erase board for drawing for Kylie. Piero got one with his school supplies. Fighting had been ensuing. Second one bought to keep the peace.
Useful purchases made:
- New sewing machine to replace a 25 year old machine that has been getting testy. This is also a fancier machine whereas my old one was more basic. I was going to replace this in October on employee day but a good sale at work moved up my decision to purchase. And I had the allowance money already saved
- Tools and supplies for my husband’s apprenticeship training
- new glasses to replace the ones my cat broke several months ago. I was waiting for my annual exam in August to get them covered under insurance.
Not so useful purchases made:
- Five Guys – Eduardo wanted to… I was tired and I forgot about the challenge.
- cheap plastic placements for the kids – will this keep things cleaner? I can only hope.
To be honest, I am not sure I changed my purchasing habits any. I could have done better on the shredder. I blew it there. I needed glasses, he needed tools and the sewing machine was a planned purchase in the making for almost a year. All I truly brought into the house that was absolutely unnecessary was the placemats and we ate out more than I wished we did. I am not really one for making impulse purchases to begin with and all the challenge showed me was that even if I didn’t change my purchasing habits much… I still didn’t buy much.