- raises their voice when they are passionate or frustrated about something. This does not mean I am angry or yelling.
- loves hugs. I willingly give hugs to my husband, kids and friends. Unless I have just stuck my hands in ground hamburger to make meatloaf, you can disturb me at any time for that hug. Ok… if you wake me up for that hug… not so friendly. Asking for a hug is not considered an inconvenience for me
- can be stubborn. If I think I am right, almost nothing can change my mind. You better have ironclad proof of your position if you see me dig in. But pick a topic I don’t have a strong opinion on (there are many) and you will find me open to whatever information you give me.
- has limits to their patience. I can have the patience of Job – sometimes. Other times… just forget it…. you will get on my last nerve almost immediately if you are being a pain. I work harder at being patient with the kids but sometimes – that reservoir is simply used up.
- does not like to repeat herself. If I have to tell you multiple times to do something… my voice is going to be raise an octave or 6 and if you are under the age of 8 – watch out! There will be consequences.
- easily smiles and laughs. I like to be joyful. I find humour in all sorts of things.
- thinks WAY too much. I go over (and over and over) events looking for meaning. I think about things said to me or by me. I look for connections in events. I ponder the state of my finances, personal relationships, state of the world and just about every other serious subject while my hands are doing something else.
- worries too much. That molehill IS a mountain and if it isn’t then you clearly haven’t thought about the situation hard enough.
- has a cutting tongue. I have very dark British humour and it often comes out in the cutting/sarcastic things I say. I don’t mean to hurt but I know that I sometimes do. If I am angry or hurt this wonderful character trait is very present and I can say things that I know are going to be hurtful.
- is generous in time and spirit. I might not be generous with my money, but I can be generous with my time and my help.
- is fiscally responsible. My ex said that I was the "Dragon of the Penny" because I knew how to hoard my money. I am a saver.
- is loving. I kiss booboos and listen when you want to talk. If I see you upset, I will ask to see if you are alright.
- is responsible. If I say I am going to do something – it will get done unless I forget
- is occasionally forgetful. If I have a lot on my mind, my memory is the first thing to go.
- forgives over and over again. You will have many chances to make mistakes with me. I am willing to forgive you 70 times 7 times. But when I figure out that you weren’t really all that sincere or have been trying to take advantage of me? Your chances are over and you will never get another.
- cries easily. I cry at sad movies, sad shows and even sad books. I have a tender heart and I am not embarrassed at all by it.
And that is what someone like me is like.